Latest Release News
This page lists the latest releases of OpenWebRX including a summary of the most significant changes.
Releaseed on June 13, 2020 Current Release
- Added ability to authenticate receivers with listing sites using "receiver id" tokens
Releaseed on June 02, 2020
- The JS8Call digimode can now be decoded if the JS8Call software is installed
- Many parts of the frontend have been restructured and rewritten for better integrity
- Added support for Perseus-SDR devices
- Added support for RadioBerry 2
- HackRF support has been migrated to SoapySDR
- Improved direct sampling mode handling for RTL-SDR Blog V.3 devices
- Various parameters added for device control across all SDR types
- Automatic fallback to OSM for the map when Google Maps has not been configured
- Docker builds are now based on Debian "slim" images for improved portability
Released on February 22, 2020
- Most of the server code has been rewritten for better flexibility, stability and performance. The project is now fully based on Python 3.
- Large parts of the frontend code have been updated or polished.
- The new core now supports multiple SDR devices simultaneously, as well as switching between multiple profiles per SDR, allowing users to navigate between multiple bands or frequencies.
- Added support for demodulation of digital voice modes (DMR, D-Star, YSF, NXDN).
- Added support for digital modes of the WSJT-X suite (FT8, FT4, WSPR, JT65, JT9).
- Added support for APRS.
- Added support for Pocsag.
- Bookmarks allow easy navigation between known stations.
- Background decoding can transform your receiver into an automatic reporting station, including automatic band scheduling.
- The integrated map shows digimode spots as well as APRS and YSF positions.